Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today

Got excited children off to school.  They were gong to be having an Easter egg hunt.

Talked to my dad a long while.

Thought about my grandma a great deal then started making a card for her through cardstore.com.  It's a great site.  Didn't get the card sent yet because I placed pictures into an "I'm Turning One" card.  Whoops.  That would completely confuse her.  I was sick of being by the computer at that point and needed to be done.

Wrote some checks to pay bills.

Got 2 magazines in the mail.  I got a free Shape subscription thanks to hip2save and I really enjoy looking over that one. 

Took a walk to the church with Savannah and her boys and let the kids run in the yard there.

The 3 oldest are with Darrin at the high school watching a group called the Conquerers.  The babe is sleeping in her swing.

Signed up to receive a free trial of a product today to add to a stocking stash I've started.

Bennett was called to the office today and told he was chosen as student of the month.  They have to fill out a questionnaire about themselves.  When asked what his favorite food is, he told the principal chicken drumsticks.  They happened to be having that for hot lunch so the principal said he'd make sure the lunch staff made drumsticks just for him.  I think he really believed that's why they had chicken for lunch.

Wished I could have taken a nap.  I don't very often feel the need for a nap but today it would have been nice.

Dwelled on the fact that I was in Sturgis yesterday and didn't stop at Walgreens to get the buy 1 get 2 free deal on the Arm and Hammer laundry detergent.  And I have coupons.  It's only a 4 day sale but don't want to make the drive just for that.  My homemade laundry soap is great for stains but I think it occasionally has been leaving white patches on things.  So once I use it up, I'm going back to the liquid kind and am trying to stock up now.  

The kids took a break from dinner when Jenny and the girls stopped by to drop something off.  They ran around in the yard in their socks having the best time.  I think everyone's ready for nicer weather!

It's the start of spring break!!  So exciting!  Hope to do a few spontaneous, fun things as a family. 

No comments: