Monday, March 25, 2013

Random thoughts

I have them all the time.  Sometimes I wonder if I told anyone the things I think about, they would think I was crazy.  Actually I'm certain they would.  Anyway I don't really have anything too crazy to share today but this post will be as random as my thoughts are on some days.

Often people will ask me, "what's new"  I am honestly so grateful when all I have to offer is "not much," or "can't think of anything"

Okay, I hear sirens and my boys are walking the dog.  I'm certain not everyone worries like I do.  I hate sirens (especially in this small town) when my whole family isn't home.

Anyway, back to "what's new"  I figure if I can't think of something "new" to share it must mean things are going fine.  I'm just so content.  I'm grateful every day for the mundane.  For the sameness in my days.  There is a sweet family we know who would love the mundane right now.  I don't know them well but I know their family members well and unfortunately they are dealing with a scary cancer diagnosis.  I wish I had a lot of money to give them to at least take away that concern but I don't.  There is going to be a benefit for the family which includes a silent auction.  I was able to gather things from my home to make this gift bag for the auction.  It's a picnic pack.

Ahhhh, my boys are home.  Time for dinner.  I'll come back to this blog when the kids are in bed.

I'm back...  sometimes when you feel helpless, you just have to come up with something to make it feel like you're making even the slightest of a difference.  We plan to attend the event as a family.  It will likely bring up some tough questions from the kids.  It's just hard.  That's all there is to it. 

Here's a link to the benefit FB page if you're interested...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benefit-for-Tonya-Hofmeister-Swanwick/365792403535614?ref=ts&fref=ts

Moving on.  The baby has a runny nose, drools a lot because she's constantly sucking her hands and spits up.  She never looks or smells clean even when freshly bathed.  Nor do I for that matter.  I usually smell of soured milk.

I have to plan a preschool for tomorrow yet.  Likely going to be an easter or spring theme but no ideas beyond that.

We will officially be gaining a nephew on Wednesday by way of adoption.  So cool!

We have the sweetest dog ever!  Our Palmer could not be any more gentle or passive with our kids (as well as other kids who visit our home.)  I'm so thankful to have him as a part of our family.

I'm slowly but surely working on ways to make every day tasks run more smoothly in a small home with 4 kiddos.  Some day...SOME DAY...that just might include a family closet.  At least for the kids.  For right now my project to get done is painting the side of 2 pieces of furniture with chalkboard paint in order to write schedules/messages and such.  For right now I need to stick to small projects.

Part of this includes continually getting rid of stuff.  I made $50.00 at Once Upon a Child this past weekend.

And CallaMae just did a major spit up all over her brand new clean jams.  And me. 

Orvin Bontrager is talking to Darrin right now.  I'm hoping our window has arrived.

Alright.  Enough randomness for right now.  I must go change some pajamas.








 

No comments: