Thursday, February 5, 2009

Let The Match Begin



1 year of coaching a very small team at Centreville...


2 years of coaching a slightly larger small team as a Centreville/Colon coop at Centreville...


3 years of TONS of fundraising...


Resigning from a paid coaching position


Volunteering your coaching services...


Finding 3 others willing to do the same...


Convincing a FULL ROSTER of kids that wrestling would be good for them...


Being willing to trust that fundraising and parent involvement will be able to support a team...


HOSTING AND WINNING YOUR FIRST WRESTLING TOURNAMENT SINCE 1985 TO A PACKED AND EXCITED CROWD....PRICELESS, AND SOOOO WORTH IT ALL!!!




My mom and Jeff made the trip down to get in on the fun.




Warming up
















Jenny and Jason came out for some wrestling action. Jen's not too sure what to think of it :)







Aren't their shirts cool?!?! Annabelle thinks her Skittle's from the "session" stand are pretty cool.









The wonderful coaches (I realize I'm a little partial)















The Team











3 comments:

Em said...

That is really great Elizabeth! Tell Darrin I said awesome job!

Jenny said...

great post Spice, I can see how you're so proud of Darrin and the team. I am not sure about how they twist their bodies and all, but I'm glad I got to witness it!

Brenda Lee said...

Impressive! Congrats to Darrin and everyone (including you!) for all the hard work. You should be proud :)