Monday, February 16, 2009

25 random things

There is a "note" going around Facebook called, 25 Random Things. I thought I would put it on my blog instead. So here it goes... 25 things about me you may or may not know.

1. Even if Darrin's set the alarm clock, and has told me so, and also reassures me he checked the volume, I still can't go without checking it on my own.
2. I will eat a whole package of Cool Mint Oreos very quiclky if I have them in the house (which is why I rarely do).
3. My first favorite movie was My Girl.
4. I don't wear pajamas...usually just the shirts I was wearing that day (sorry Mom).
5. I prefer internet shopping over going to stores.
6. I love finding ways to save money.
7. If I never had to drive again, I would be so happy. If only we were rich and could hire a driver.
8. On that note, I am TERRIBLE with directions. If I am going somewhere I've never been (which is rare), I have to mapquest the directions there and also back because I can't reverse directions. Weird I know but I think it's something of a disability. Frustrates me terribly.
9. I get motion sickness if I read too long in the car.
10. My least favorite household chore is putting away clean laundry.
11. I rarely drink pop but if I do, I usually choose root beer.
12. If I could afford a massage every day, I would schedule one for EVERY day!
13. I got my hair highlighted for the first time last year.
14. One of my favorite songs is Ty Herndon's It Must Be Love. It doesn't play often which is why I think I like it....it's exciting when it comes on. I actually like a lot of Ty Herndon's old songs...Hands of a Working Man is another good one.
15. I played the clarinet in high school and really enjoyed it.
16. If I could go back to school, I wouldn't do teaching again. I would choose an area in family or social services. That's not offered at GV though, so if I had done that, I wouldn't have met Darrin...that would be sad.
17. I enjoy walking. I walk all over this small town to get to where I want to go.
18. I don't like board games.
19. My favorite season is Summer then Fall.
20. My favorite household chore is vacuuming.
21. All around, the channel I watch the most is Discovery Health
22. If I have tasty leftovers, I will usually prefer that over breakfast food in the morning. For some reason breakfast food sounds better later in the day. I do like toast with cinnamon/sugar and Coco Wheats right away in the morning though.
23. When I shower, I always shave my legs and armpits.
24. I wish I had a better eye for decorating my house and and that organizing/sorting came as more of a natural ability than something I have to plan out and think about. I like an organized and neat house but sometimes I just look around and think, what should I tackle next. And I just wish it stayed organized once I got it there.
25. If I could have been good at something, I would have loved to be good at dance...any and all kinds. It keeps you in shape and is fun at the same time.

5 comments:

TheGeerlings said...

Very interesting list! I learned a few new things about you! We have some funny things in common. :)

Jenny said...

LOVED reading the list, you may have inspired me to make one here sometime soon, we'll see. Some of them are just SO you, "walk around this small town to get to everything" yup that's you. And "eat leftovers for breakfast", you should have added you eat it the rest of the day if it tasted good. Didn't you eat reubens for a few days straight?

Brenda Lee said...

This was such a good idea and I think I'm going to have to do it myself! For some reason I don't feel like I can think of 25 things off the top of my head though...

Carol Sue said...

Great list....I am sure that Brenda and Jenny can come up with 25 things don't you?

The Hambergulars said...

It's amazing what insights you can get into a person just from these 25 random things - since you posted, as you can see our whole family has done the same thing! Loved learning more about you!