Friday, January 9, 2009

Preschool Update

Here are a few bits of info I learned about Bennett's day at preschool yesterday...

1. Darrin picked him up. He was playing outside when he got there and was having a good time.
2. He was the only kid to eat the entire school lunch :). That's my boy!
3. He finished one project and then was supposed to paint but, matter of factly said, "I don't want to. I just want to play." They let him :)...he's the only 3 year old so I think they'll be a little more lenient with him.
4. He watched the other kids to copy what they were doing...especially when it came to doing their project which was a book about Inchy the Inchworm and the letter I.
5. When told that snow pants go on first, he said "No. Gloves go on first." Not sure where he got that. I don't think we do gloves first all the time.
6. When getting off the bus, he followed the kindergarteners and the aide that takes them where they need to be. Daycare called the office and asked where he was. The principal (Carly's dad) went on the search and found him with the kindergarteners doing what they were doing. I knew I should have pinned a tag on his coat :).
7. Before getting on the bus yesterday he said, "I won't cry Mom. I'll just wave and say, goodbye to you."

So, as far as first days go, it was a good one. He came home wild but exhausted which is great. He was sleeping by 7:45 and it could have been earlier. Let's hope Tuesday goes just as well.

4 comments:

Nora said...

I am laughing at the fact that he went to kindergarten!!! Also my son would eat his whole lunch too. Makes us so proud right! Glad he had a good day and I know that it makes it easier on mom and dad to know that he loved it.

Jenny said...

very cute how he said he wouldn't cry and just say goodbye to you. I'm sure that was enough to make you cry!

Lisa Zapolnik said...

I thought leaving him to go to work was hard. I can't even imagine when Merek goes to preschool. It sounds like he was more than ready to go to school.

Brenda Lee said...

Thanks for the great preschool update Ron. Sounds like Bennett is going to do just fine...good job on eating all of the lunch :)