Thursday, January 8, 2009

No Tears Today (at least from Bennett)

Our big man started preschool today. He goes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. He needs it...especially during the winter months. But I had so much anxiety about it. I was worried it would be too long of a day, he would be scared on the bus, he wouldn't want to go. I felt guilty that as a stay-at-home mom I should be able to keep him stimulated enough so that he wouldn't need it, and that we are paying for him to go while I'm at home. The list could go on and on about things I was worried about/felt guilty about. But here's my bud...




he practically ran to the door
The girls watching for the bus from inside

playing while waiting
the posed picture
I was the sentimental mom taking too many pictures while Bennett tried to wave me away..."bye mom. bye mom". This is a good thing and my worry and guilt is fading quickly away (but I CAN'T WAIT for him to get home)!!! Maybe I'll update later if he has any good stories to tell. That's all for now....

6 comments:

Nora said...

OMG what a big boy. He looks so little on the bus!! I can only imagine the emotions you have gone through today and I cannot wait to hear how much fun he had!!

Em said...

DON'T feel guilty!! He is growing up and this will be SO good for him! What a big man!!!

Jenny said...

I am glad to hear he had a great day! I like the picture of the BIG bus and little mister Bennett walking up to it with no fear. Quite impressive!

Brenda Lee said...

So proud of you Bennett! (and you too Ron!!) :)

Megan Dieckmann said...

Man, I just dread when Braden goes to preschool..I am going to be balling for sure..especially since I will have to take him..
Good job mom!

Sara Denslaw said...

WOW, a bus for preschool! you guys are lucky! Sami only get to ride the bus because of her medical needs, otherwise we'd have to take her and pick her up every day! I LOVE the bus:)