Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lists

Annabelle loves to write lists.  She often asks me what groceries we need so she can make my list for me.  On Saturday, she sat on the couch with a stack of paper and a magazine and made lists.  When she ran out of list making ideas, I suggested we make a summer fun list.  We would all think of things we'd like to do this summer and she'd write them down.  We want to check these things off the list for sure.  Everybody came up with some fun ideas :).

 Translation:
tubing, swimming, a parade, fireworks, eat popsicles, go to a zoo, hotel, go to a movie, horse riding, wash the car, pick flowers, home-made ice cream, sell lemonade, water skiing, eat at a new restaurant, visit lake Michigan.  
Oh my goodness I love that girl.  


And when I asked her what she'd buy at the store if she could get anything she wanted, she came up with the items on the above list.  (in my handwriting)

And I'm turning 35 on Saturday.  Wow!  I swear I was 23 last year,  Anyway, I've decided to celebrate my birthday all week by doing little things I/we don't normally do.  Starting today.  Today I had a Bud Light Lime-Arita and Darrin took full charge of the kiddos so I could really sleep in!!  CallaMae doesn't sleep through the night and had an especially rough night last night .  We think she's battling allergies.  And Darrin got home after midnight and I can't sleep until he's home.  So needless to say I really appreciated it!!

Some other ideas I had include,
Having ice-cream for dinner from Nottawa.
Decorating the house like we're having a party (because the kids would get a kick out of it).
Bringing friends a birthday treat of some kind.

I need to keep thinking.  I plan to jot down what I did for my week long birthday celebration at the end of the week.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Very fun to read these lists!