Friday, March 12, 2010

20 week ultrasound and a few other things...

We had our 20 week ultrasound today at 4:30 this afternoon. We were thrilled that all seemed to be just perfect. My doctor will get the results on Monday or Tuesday and if he has any concerns he will let me know. But if there had been anything serious we would have been asked to stay and speak with a doctor right then and there. The baby was moving and flipping positions quite a bit so Amanda (the ultrasound tech) was having difficulty getting some of the measurements she needed. We saw the baby open and close his/her mouth, move his/her arms by the face, and stretch his/her legs out straight. It's really very cool to see! We did not find out the gender but I aksed her to tell us if she could in fact see anything. She said she thought she could tell what it is by the few glimpses she got. She never had us look away so I think when she was in that area she didn't focus on it long. We are CLUELESS! The baby's heartrate today was 144 which has been pretty typical. And just because I think it's interesting...
Bennett's heartrate on his ultrasound day was 151.
Annabelle's heartrate on her ultrasound day was 143.

So what do you think??? :)

I am going to try and take pictures of my ultrasound pictures tomorrow and put them up here. I need some good lighting to make that work. We'll see what I can do.


Here I am just before the appointment.
And of course we needed one with the kids.


On another note, Darrin and Jason played in a staff vs student fundraiser basketball game last night. I got the above picture of the kids on the bleachers but all my other pictures turned out too dark. For more on that visit Jenny's blog.


Also, two Saturday's ago Bennett and Darrin had the privilege of attending a pirate party at the library. They had a really good time! Bennett came home with a lot of fun loot!



4 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad you updated...was hoping to see a picture of the baby, but I guess I can wait a bit more :) You don't look very pregnant in those pictures at all! Cute shirt :) Glad things went well today!!!! My guess today would be girl...Lisa says boy...

Brenda Lee said...

Good update Ron. I didn't realize it had been almost a MONTH since your last post! My guess is GIRL.

Sara Denslaw said...

I was thinking by, but with the heart rate where it is and the fact EVERYONE else I know due in July is having a girl, I am leaning toward girl (for today anyways!)

TheGeerlings said...

You look great Elizabeth! Glad to hear everything is checking out okay with the newest little one. :)