Saturday, July 11, 2009

Our day.

Darrin organized a golf outing that was held today to raise money for the general athletic fund. Despite the short rain delay, it turned out really well and the day was perfect for golfing. So anyway, Carol knew he would be gone much of the day and asked us to go to Schidmore Park in Three Rivers because they have a nice little petting zoo. It's a really neat park with a lot going on. Jen and the girls followed us there as Jason was at the outing as well. I'm thankful to her for letting us borrow her two extra car seats otherwise the trip wouldn't have been possible. We ended our fun afternoon with lunch at McDonald's. I hope you have all tried their frappes. They are so good! The kids didn't nap today so they were in bed at 7:00. Darrin and I watched Yes Man which was a nice movie for BOTH of us (no crying or nightmares for me :) And now we're just procrastinating on going to bed because it's been such a nice day. So here are pictures from the park.



They're eating cookies they got from an old Amish man who had a booth at the farmer's market. This picture just makes me laugh.




2 comments:

Nora said...

Looks like a great time. The picture of Bennett with the tortoise is precious.

Brenda Lee said...

Fun day! Is Kelsey mad in the cookie picture? The Frappes are fabulous aren't they? I like caramel and Keith likes the mocha. Glad you both liked Yes Man. Haven't seen that one yet. We recently watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.