Saturday, December 6, 2008

Colon Christmas Celebration

The first four pictures were actually taken on Thursay on our walk to Jenny's for the photo session :). The remainder of the photos were taken today at the Colon Christmas celebration. It's always been small but I was sad to see that this year it was even smaller. There was a long line to see Santa last year and this year we didn't have to wait at all. Next year I think I'm going to come up with something to put in the parade. Maybe I'll dress the dogs like reindeer and have them pull the kids in a sled :) The hardware store was kind enough to donate pork bbq and their store space for a wrestling fundraiser today. We were happy to make some money for the team!

catching snowflakes
really trying hard



Macey and Kelsey


I was so proud of my pumpkin girl. She was the first one willing to sit on Santa's lap. It took her to get the other kids to realize that he's not so scary after all!
We were so lucky to get a sleigh ride from the hardware store to the library.
The kids getting ready for the ride.

Bennett snow angels

The kids were in the Sturgis Journal last year with a picture like this.
Someone asked if I wanted to be in the picture...not really...but here it is :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

boy you're quick Spice! I love the picture of you guys on the sleigh ride, I didn't realize it was JUST you guys on it :) very cute! Thanks to Annabelle for her bravery, there's NO way Macey would have sat on his lap otherwise. She is now very glad she was able to tell Santa that she wanted a baby doll and her stuff. Kels woke up screaming from her nap today, maybe she was having nightmares from her experience.

Em said...

I wonder why it is that Santa is so frightening for some small children? Looks like you had a great day! Seems like you don't have as much snow as us!!