Saturday, August 9, 2008

COLON Where Magic Happens

Colon is the Magic Capital of the world. For one week each year people from all over the world come to the small town of Colon. The magic shops are full and people are enjoying the free/cheap shows. The streets are lined with craft fair tents. Friday night offers a fireworks show after the big magic show at the school (this year they turned a lady into a lion...yes there was a real lion in the high school gym). Literally there are very famous magicians from all over the world who come to Colon every year. And for once a year, Colon, Michigan is guaranteed to make the news. So, if anyone is interested in a unique experience, come to Colon next August and see for yourself that Magic really happens in Colon!!







Had to add this one just for fun.
On a different note~
There will be some changes for the VandenBerg household this coming school year. Darrin is now the part time athletic director for the high school. He actually starts work on Monday. We are thankful for the increase in pay that this job means but are nervous for all the time it will take. He is looking forward to the challenge and is excited to be in the classroom for only 3 class periods per day. I have made it through 3 LONG wrestling seasons on my own, 2 of which were with very newborn babies but am incredibly thankful that Jenny will be here this year to keep me sane with her adult interaction. Jenny, I think God knew that there were more reasons for you to move here than just so Jason could teach. So, needless to say we will be attending MANY high school sporting events this year so we can spend time with our husband/dad. We look forward to and embrace the change with a positive attitude and are excited for the possibilities it can bring. But anyway. I'm off to bed. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'll post again soon.

4 comments:

Brenda Lee said...

That is really exciting news about Darrin's new position. He is really climbing the ladder quickly! Good for him. Next August I really would like to attend Magic Week :)

Sara said...

I think everyone should just move down here and we'd all have help!

Jenny said...

I am excited for all the sporting events, I know Darrin will have Jason coaching here sooner than we think! :) I am also excited to experience Magic Week next year as a Colon resident and see what it's all about!

Em said...

That is really interesting about Magic week. I would like to come next year. I had no idea that Colon was the "Magic Capital of the world"! That is so neat! Congrats to Darrin, how great for him! I am also glad that You will have Jenny to spend time with, that is so wonderful. Miss you, hope to talk to you soon.