Monday, June 9, 2008

We're getting new neighbors...

Okay, as mentioned in my previous post, our friends Jenny and Jason came last Tuesday. Well, aside from just getting together, Jason had an interview for a math position at the high school. He was given a second interview and was offered the job today!!! The beauty of living in a small community and knowing the principal is that you are able to call her at home when you see on the caller id that she has called from school but is no longer there. Then when you reach her at home, she asks if she can come over to talk to Jason. It sure did make me nervous. Darrin and I sat on our deck while the principal gave Jenny and Jason the good news. Jenny came out to tell us they were moving to Colon (all while the principal was there watching). It was a very fun moment. One I will never forget. Can't wait until you get here guys...

Here are a few things I want to mention for those worried about the distance...

My mom comes to visit on most Wednesdays during the school year for those who would like to come along (Brenda...can't wait to see you more often).

The drive seems to get shorter every time you make it.

We seem to be in town on a very regular basis and see everyone just (or at least almost) as often as we would if we lived in Holland or the surrounding area and I know that it would be the same for Jenny and Jason.

If you come to visit, you are likely to see a few Amish people which is always fun.

Thank goodness for email, blogs, and myspace.

Guess that's it for now. For those who would like to see pictures from the day, click on the Burgess family link from my link list. Jenny will have them posted tomorrow. I was not prepared and didn't have batteries for my camera charged.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

We're so excited to be your new neighbors! Loved your posting, the list part was the best :) I still kind of feel like I'm dreaming.....

Brenda Lee said...

Ron, you make me smile! Isn't it funny how life works out? Get that spare bedroom ready for me...

Em said...

Awesome news!