Friday, June 27, 2008

getting caught up...

I haven't posted in a while so I came up with a list of rather random things that tell a little bit about the last couple of weeks. Here it goes...

1. The way your toddler looks after trying to squeeze all of her chub into a bathing suit...PRICELESS

2. Hearing a tiny voice say "bye-bye erm (worm)" after she had been staring it down for a good minute and a half will definitely melt your heart.

3. Coming home from work in the morning and finding your two year old, with a bowl and vitamin in hand, trying to make a choice of cereal... this will make you laugh for the rest of the day. Please note that the vitamins and bowls are in a cupboard up high and Darrin was still sound asleep. "Mommy, I's hungry" was the response I got. I had to make sure he only took one vitamin as they also have flouride in them :).

4. Finding your two year old cleaning up a potty mess on the bathroom floor with tiny bits of toilet paper and his bare feet will make you laugh...the following day.

5. Camping takes on a whole new meaning when you have kids. Don't bother bringing a book.

6. I like Dora and Diego as much as the kids do.

7. By 6:00 p.m. you realize it was a big mistake to let the kids sweet talk you out of taking a nap.

8. We are happy Darrin doesn't start his summer job until after July 4th because otherwise we wouldn't have been able to do swimming lessons, which was so fun (last day was today).

9. I love grocery shopping when there are good sales and using coupons. Today I got a box of Honey Bunches of Oats Ceareal for free!! When the sales aren't good, I love Aldi!

10. If you want to laugh until you cry, check out the toilet with the bedet (I can't remember right now how to spell it) at New Holland Brewing Company. Thankfully Ron was the one using it!

11. I'm thankful to be staying home this weekend and doing NOTHING!!!!!

That's it. Here are a few pictures of swimming and camping...Oh...the last one is of Miss Macey and I took it when she stopped by my mom's house a couple weeks ago. I just thought it was cute.







4 comments:

TheGeerlings said...

I totally agree you about laughing...the following day. Sometimes I get frustrated with my girls, but when I'm retelling the stories, it always sounds so hilarious/ridiculous. I like your list! Annabelle looks so cute in that little pink outfit playing in the sand. I love how Bennett looks so protective of Annabelle in that first swimming picture. CUTE!!!

Jenny said...

oh Spice, I think this is your best post yet. I could read it over and over, it's too cute. I really like the part about Bennett with vitamin and bowl in hand ready to start the day on his own. What a big boy :)

Nora said...

I love your post. I have to agree with the comment about camping the most. Kids change the whole experience.

Brenda Lee said...

GREAT new post Ron! Lists are such a fun way to post. Macey looks like a cartoon character in that picgture!