Saturday, May 1, 2010

Treasures

I have a kitchen window sill full of treasures from my two greatest treasures. Dandelions, lilacs, pinecones, nut shells and rocks are currently what I see when I stand at my kitchen sink. I personally think dandelions are the prettiest flowers around! I will be so sad when my window sill is no longer lined with treasures so I'm enjoying it while I can.

And here is a treasure of a different kind. Darrin, Bennett, Annabelle and I made a trip to the Kuntry Korner Discount store. We got a ton of stuff for 98.00 which isn't unusual. We got several packages of diapers. The above is one example. This box of diapers was $13.00. You can get this same box of diapers on Amazon.com for $33.49 which they say is a $6.00 or so savings from what they would sell for at a retail store. We are stockpiling diapers which can be expensive up front because you have to take them when they come, but it will save us a ton in the long run!

After the store, we went to a really nice greenhouse in Centreville. It was like a field trip for the kids. They had so much fun. Bennett picked out a plant to put in the yard and Annabelle picked the flowers for our flower box.
Around town I've been seeing signs for a CSA Farm. I've been so curious about it so we stopped and got the number. I called and left a message (it was an answering machine for several different Amish families) so I'm hoping to hear back and get more info soon. Has anyone ever been a part of this or know anything about it? I only know a little but am wondering if it would be worth it.

No comments: