Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Simple Things

Bennett really got into the MYWAY wrestling practices and will often wear his gear at home and run the warm-ups on his own.
Annabelle started dance class today. She participated without hesitation and had a great time. She can't wait to go back.

And now I'm taking an idea from Kelly's Korner blog...here are a few of my SIMPLE PLEASURES...

1. the smell of my blueberry muffin candle
2. having the house picked up before going to bed
3. being able to look at Bennett's school work when he brings his take-home folder home on Thursdays
4. getting something in my house more organized
5. Darrin getting home before 7:00
7. having a clean, organized and full refrigerator
8. Filet O' Fish and M&M McFlurry's from McDonalds
9. freshly clipped toenails (weird I know, but I enjoy clipping toenails...fingernails not so much)
10. finding a movie, or a show on TV that both Darrin and I enjoy. Our most recent discovery is a show on Animal Planet called "I Shouldn't be Alive"
11. when the kids are in bed and on time and I still have quite a bit of time before bed to relax
Like tonight. The kids are sleeping, Darrin is at wrestling in Gull Lake, and I'm about to head downstairs to see if there are any interesting shows to watch. If not, I have a book I need to finish up.

2 comments:

Nora said...

I agree with almost all of your simple pleasures. I would definitely change the Filet O Fish and Flurry to something with chocolate and peanut butter. :)
OH, and about the coconut milk. I am not sure how much it will cost if you find it but the whole coconut was only 2 bucks and just use a screwdriver and hit it with a hammer to make a hole to let the milk out. Then if you want to eat the fresh coconut you just hit it with the hammer until it breaks. I actually love eating the coconut too so it was a nice treat to have that too. It also actually only made three bowls and Riley ate leftover tom. soup! Enjoy if you try it though. OH- I know...this is long enough already but Bennett is ADORABLE in his wresting stuff. Too cute.

Brenda Lee said...

good one Ron. I will need to make a list of my own. What book are you reading right now. Man, the filet O Fish and FLurry combo is a good one...